Weather Bulletin for Wednesday, Feb. 2
NJ TRANSIT RESTORES NORMAL RAIL SERVICE SYSTEMWIDE
NEWARK, NJ - As of 11:45 a.m., NJ TRANSIT is resuming normal rail service on all lines, following earlier disruptions due to power problems and icing conditions.
Customers are advised of the following service updates:
- Morris & Essex Line service, including Midtown Direct, has been restored as of 11 a.m., with scheduled departures from Dover and New York.
- Montclair-Boonton Line service, including Midtown Direct, has been restored as of 11:45 a.m., with scheduled departures from Montclair State University Station and New York.
- Northeast Corridor service has resumed normal schedule between Trenton and New York. Northeast Corridor eastbound (inbound) trains are now stopping at Princeton Junction and Hamilton stations using low-level platforms. Customers should wait for crew assistance before boarding. Jersey Avenue Station is closed today. Customers are advised to use New Brunswick Station as an alternate.
- Princeton Shuttle (Dinky) service remains suspended until further notice. Alternate bus service is operating between Princeton and Princeton Junction stations.
- North Jersey Coast Line is operating on a normal schedule.
Bus service systemwide is subject to scattered delays and detours due to local road conditions.
Light Rail service: All light rail lines are now operating on or close to schedule.
Access Link paratransit service in Regions 4, 5 and 6 (northern Ocean County, Mercer County and all counties to the north) will be restored as of noon today.
Systemwide Cross-Honoring in Effect: NJ TRANSIT is offering full systemwide cross-honoring all day today, Wednesday, February 2, enabling customers to use their ticket or pass on an alternate travel mode.
# # #
» check current rail delays
» check current bus delays
» check current light rail delays