Bus Route Nos. 11, 28 and 29: Bus Stops Temporarily Eliminated in Newark from 5 AM to 8 PM due to Filming - Saturday, October 13 & Sunday, October 14, 2018
Due to filming of a movie, several NJ TRANSIT Bus Routes will operate on a temporary detour and certain bus stops will not be served on Saturday, October 13 and Sunday, October 14 from 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. Below are alternate bus stops for NJ TRANSIT Bus Route Nos. 11, 28 and 29.
During this time:
- Service to Bloomfield/Montclair/Willowbrook Mall originating at Newark Penn Station will operate via Raymond Boulevard and Washington Street from Raymond Boulevard at Mulberry Street to Raymond Boulevard at Washington Street. Service to Newark and service from Washington Street and Hill Street, Newark will not be affected by road closures.
TO Bloomfield/Montclair/Willowbrook Mall
The following stops will NOT be served due to road closures:
- Mulberry Street at Commerce Street (MyBus #18785)
- Market Street at Halsey Street Street (MyBus #18744)
- Washington Street at market Street (MyBus #19072)
- Washington Street at Raymond Boulevard (MyBus #19073)
Please use the following stops to board the Nos. 11, 28 and 29 lines during the detour:
- Raymond Boulevard at McCarter Highway (MyBus #18858)
- Raymond Boulevard at Washington Street (MyBus #18860)
PLEASE NOTE: Buses will stop at all stops on Mulberry Street, Raymond Boulevard, and University Avenue during the detour for alternate passenger boarding and alighting locations.
Customers are strongly encouraged to board, alight and make connections to other lines at Newark Penn Station during these detours, due to anticipated high traffic and passenger volume in downtown Newark.
We apologize for any inconvenience. For information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.