Bus Route Nos. 1 and 25: Bus Stops Temporarily Eliminated in Newark from 5 AM to 8 PM due to Filming - Saturday, October 13 & Sunday, October 14, 2018
Due to filming of a movie, several NJ TRANSIT Bus Routes will operate on a temporary detour and certain bus stops will not be served on Saturday, October 13 and Sunday, October 14 from 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. Below are alternate bus stops for NJ TRANSIT Bus Route Nos. 1 and 25.
During this time, NJ TRANSIT Bus Route Nos. 1 and 25:
- Service to Newark and Jersey City will operate via Washington Street and Raymond Boulevard from Market Street at Washington Street to Raymond Boulevard at Mulberry Street.
- Service to Irvington will operate via Mulberry Street, Raymond Boulevard and University Avenue from Market Street at Mulberry Street to Market Street at University Avenue.
TO Newark/Jersey City - The following stops will NOT be served due to road closures:
- Market Street at Broad Street (MyBus #18730)
- Market Street at Mulberry Street (MyBus #18731)
Please use the following stops to board the No. 1 and No. 25 lines during the detour:
- Washington Street at Market Street (MyBus #19072)
- Mulberry Street at Commerce Street (MyBus #18785)
TO Irvington - The following stops will NOT be served due to road closures:
- Market Street at Broad Street (MyBus #18743)
- Market Street at Washington Street (MyBus #18745)
Please use the following stops to board the 1 and 25 lines during the detour:
- Market Street at Mulberry Street (MyBus #18742)
- Springfield Avenue at Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard (MyBus #19003)
PLEASE NOTE: Buses will stop at all stops on Mulberry Street, Raymond Boulevard and Washington Street during the detour for alternate passenger boarding and alighting locations.
Customers are strongly encouraged to board, alight and make connections to other lines at Newark Penn Station during these detours, due to anticipated high traffic and passenger volume in downtown Newark.
We apologize for any inconvenience. For information and language assistance, please call
NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.