October 14 PTC UPDATE: Morris & Essex Lines: Additional Service Adjustments to Advance Positive Train Control (PTC) - Beginning Sunday, October 14, 2018
UPDATE FOR NO. 684 TRAIN*
Ten-percent discount on NJ TRANSIT rail fares for travel in November, December and January
To continue accelerating the installation of the federally-mandated Positive Train Control (PTC) equipment on its rail fleet to meet federal year-end milestones, NJ TRANSIT is making a final set of rail service adjustments.
Beginning Sunday, October 14, some trains will be temporarily discontinued or have changes of origin/destination impacting customers along the Northeast Corridor, North Jersey Coast Line, Morris & Essex, Montclair-Boonton and the Main and Bergen County lines. Other trains throughout the system will have schedule and/or station stop adjustments. These schedule adjustments are temporary with the restoration of regular service anticipated in mid-January 2019.
Morris & Essex Lines (M&E)
INBOUND to Hoboken (temporarily discontinued)
Train 330, the 6:01 p.m. arrival at Hoboken from Summit
Train 432, the 6:19 p.m. arrival in Hoboken from Gladstone, operates 19 minutes earlier on the Gladstone Branch then replaces Train 330’s schedule east of Summit.
Train 332, the 6:57 p.m. arrival at Hobokenfrom Summit
- Earlier option Train 6664 departs Summit at 5:52 p.m. with transfer at Newark Broad St. to Train 880 for service to Hoboken.
- Later option Train 334 departs Summit at 6:46 p.m. to Hoboken.
Train 436, the 10:38 p.m. arrival at Hoboken from Gladstone
- Earlier option Train 434 departs Peapack at 8:06 p.m.
- Later option Train 438 departs Gladstone at 9:24 p.m.
Train 684, the 12:28 a.m. arrival at Hoboken from Dover
- *Lakeland Bus will provide substitute bus service, making all Train 684 stops from Doverto Summit. Customers traveling to stations east of Summit will transfer to Train 442, the 12:36 a.m. departure from Summit.
- West of Summit alternate: Train 682 departs Dover at 10:29 p.m.
- East of Summit alternate: Train 440 departs Summit at 11:32 p.m. or Train 442 departs Summit at 12:36 a.m.
Gladstone Branch - All weekend Gladstone Branch rail service will be replaced by buses. Gladstone Branch trains will operate on Thanksgiving, Martin Luther King Jr. and President’s days. Buses will operate on Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Trains will operate on a special schedule on Saturday, October 20th for the Far Hills Race Meeting (Steeplechase).
Please visit njtransit.com/ptc for project updates and a complete list of serviceadjustments by rail line.
Important Note: Customers are strongly encouraged to view the rail timetables for all travel options as schedule adjustments, including departure/arrival times and station stops, will be made throughout the system.
We apologize for any inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.
For information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.