October 14 PTC UPDATE: Main Line/Bergen-County Line: Additional Service Adjustments to Advance Positive Train Control (PTC) - Beginning Sunday, October 14, 2018
Ten-percent discount on NJ TRANSIT rail fares for travel in November, December and January
To continue accelerating the installation of the federally-mandated Positive Train Control (PTC) equipment on its rail fleet to meet federal year-end milestones, NJ TRANSIT is making a final set of rail service adjustments.
Beginning Sunday, October 14, some trains will be temporarily discontinued or have changes of origin/destination impacting customers along the Northeast Corridor, North Jersey Coast Line, Morris & Essex, Montclair-Boonton and the Main and Bergen County lines. Other trains throughout the system will have schedule and/or station stop adjustments. These schedule adjustments are temporary with the restoration of regular service anticipated in mid-January 2019.
The ten-percent discount applies to NJ TRANSIT rail service only and does NOT apply to Metro-North service.
Please visit njtransit.com/ptc for project updates and a complete list of service adjustments by rail line.
Important Note: Customers are strongly encouraged to view the full rail timetables on njtransit.com for all travel options as schedule adjustments, including departure/arrival times and station stops, will be made throughout the system.
Main Line/Bergen-County Line
INBOUND to Hoboken (temporarily discontinued)
Train 1146, the 6:37 a.m. arrival at Hoboken from Suffern
- Alternate trains for Suffern-Ridgewood: Train 1102 departs Suffern at 5:21 a.m. via the Main Line; Train 1104 departs Suffern at 6:07 a.m.
- Alternate train for Glen Rock-Rutherford: Train 1148 departs Suffern via Bergen County Line at 5:46 a.m.
Train 1218, the 3:05 p.m. arrival in Hoboken from Waldwick
- Train 1118 departs Suffern 48 minutes earlier at 2:00 p.m. to replace Train 1218, making all Main Line stops to Hoboken.
- Train 1172 departs Suffern at 2:12 p.m., making all Bergen County Line stops to Hoboken.
OUTBOUND from Hoboken (temporarily discontinued)
Train 1105, the 7:00 a.m. departure from Hoboken to Suffern
- Earlier option Train 1103 departs Hoboken at 5:48 a.m.
- Later optionTrain 1107 departsHoboken at 7:33 a.m.
Train 1155, the 12:39 p.m. departure from Hoboken to Suffern
- Alternate train Ridgewood-Suffern: Train 1111 departs Hoboken at 12:39 p.m. via the Main Line to Suffern.
- Alternate train for Rutherford, Broadway, Radburn and Glen Rock: Train 47 departs Hoboken at 12:42 p.m.
Other Main Line/Bergen County Line Adjustments
Train 1245, which departs Hoboken at 6:52 a.m. and arrives at Waldwick at 7:38 a.m., will operate 32 minutes later and be renumbered as Train 1247.
Train 1118, which departs Suffern at 2:48 p.m. and arrives at Hoboken at 3:59 p.m., will operate 48 minutes earlier and replace Train 1218.
Train 1158, which departs Suffern at 8:04 a.m. and arrives at Hoboken at 9:12 a.m., will originate at Waldwick at 8:18 a.m.
- As alternates, customers from Suffern through Allendale can use Train 1156, the 7:43 a.m. departure from Suffern, Train 1160, the 8:35 a.m. from Suffern or Train 54, which departs Ramsey Rt. 17 Station at 8:23 a.m.
Train 1131, the 10:55p.m. departure from Hoboken to Suffern, will terminate at Ridgewood.
- As alternates, customers may take Train 1183, the 11:17 p.m. departure from Hoboken, for service to Ridgewood and points west. For local travel, customers may take Train 1131 from Hoboken at 10:55 p.m. to Ridgewood and transfer to Train 1183.
We apologize for any inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.
For information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.