Gladstone Branch: Special Schedule in Effect for Far Hills Steeplechase - Saturday, October 20, 2018
Buses and trains will provide service to/from Far Hills
IMPORTANT NOTE: For this special event, open containers of alcohol are NOT permitted in any NJ TRANSIT station, and beverages of ANY kind, open or closed, are NOT permitted on board trains on the Morris & Essex Line on Saturday, October 20. This policy will be strictly enforced.
NJ TRANSIT will operate a special Gladstone Branch schedule on Saturday, October 20, to support travel to/from the Steeplechase event at Far Hills. Complete schedule is available HERE. Click HERE for the Printable Timetables page.
While every effort will be made to match train and bus arrivals, connections cannot be guaranteed. Please allow additional travel time.
Service TO FAR HILLS from Hoboken/Newark Broad Street/Summit
- FROM Hoboken to Far Hills (direct service): First train at 7:31 AM; Last train at 11:20 AM with train service every 15-30 minutes from 8:39 AM until 10:35 AM.
- FROM Newark Broad Street to Far Hills (direct service): First train at 7:47 AM; Last train at 11:37 AM with train service every 15-30 minutesfrom8:56 AM until 10:51 AM.
- From Summit to Far Hills: First train 8:14 AM, Last train 1:14 PM with train service every 15-30 minutes from approximately 9:00 AM until approximately 11:30 AM.
- Until 2 PM, customers traveling to Peapack and Gladstone must detrain at Far Hills and board shuttle bus service at the intersection of DeMun Place and Dumont Street.
- After 2 PM, regular Gladstone Branch bus service operates between Summit and Gladstone (including Far Hills).
Service FROM FAR HILLS to Summit/Newark Broad Street/Hoboken
- Until 3:30 PM, regular Gladstone Branch bus service operates between Gladstone and Summit (including Far Hills).
- From 3:59 PM until 7:03 PM, train service operates from Far Hills to Summit/Newark Broad Street/Hoboken. Customers traveling from Gladstone and Peapack during this period must take shuttle bus service to Far Hills Station for connecting train service.
- After 7:03 PM, regular Gladstone Branch bus service operates between Gladstone and Summit (including Far Hills).
IMPORTANT TRAVEL TIPS
- Open containers of alcohol are NOT permitted in any NJ TRANSIT station and open containers of ANY liquid are not permitted on board trains on the Morris & Essex Line on Saturday, October 20.
- Due to high ridership, customers are encouraged to purchase roundtrip tickets in advance to avoid lines.
- Customers purchasing one-way, return trip tickets from Far Hills Station will pay $20.
- Customers boarding at Far Hills on October 20 without a valid ticket or pass will be required to purchase a special ticket prior to boarding the train. The special ticket is valid until 11:59 p.m. on October 20 only for travel between Far Hills and any NJ TRANSIT rail station.
- On October 20, ticket offices will be open special hours at Berkeley Heights, Lyons, Bernardsville, Far Hills and Gladstone stations.
- Parking will be prohibited at Far Hills Station between 6 a.m. and 9 p.m. on Saturday, October 20. The parking lot will be used for Steeplechase Transportation Operations.
For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.