REMINDER: Raritan Valley Line: Buses Replace Trains between Cranford & Newark due to Conrail Track Work - WEEKEND of June 23-24, 2018
View printable schedule for busing HERE.
On the weekend of June 23 and 24, Conrail will perform important track work requiring Raritan Valley Line (RVL) trains to be replaced by NJ TRANSIT buses between Cranford and Newark Penn stations.
Weekend of June 23-24
- Trains will operate between Raritan and Cranford stations ONLY. Substitute bus service will operate in both directions between Cranford and Newark.
- Customers traveling FROM Raritan to Garwood will board their regular trains.
- Customers at Cranford, Roselle Park and Union will board buses to Newark. Buses will not depart Cranford until all customers have transferred from the train.
- At Newark, customers continuing TO Secaucus and New York should board the next available train. Customers may wait longer than usual for their connecting train at Newark, and, if traveling via Secaucus, should plan their connections carefully as trains will not be held at Secaucus.
- Customers traveling FROM Newark will board buses to Union Station, Roselle Park and Cranford. At Cranford, customers will transfer to a westbound train. Trains will not depart until all buses have arrived and all customers have transferred.
- Customers traveling FROM New York or Secaucus will take their regular connecting trains from those stations and transfer to buses at Newark.
- Buses will not depart Newark until the connecting train has arrived and all customers have transferred.
- At Cranford Station, westbound trains will not depart until all buses have arrived and all customers have transferred.
We apologize for any inconvenience. For information or language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.