Northeast Corridor: NJ TRANSIT Adjusts Weekday Schedules for Positive Train Control Installation - Beginning Monday, June 4, 2018
NJ TRANSIT continues installation of Positive Train Control (PTC) equipment on its rail fleet. To accommodate this critical safety upgrade, weekday rail schedules are being adjusted to allow for hardware components to be installed on locomotives and cab cars.
Beginning Monday, June 4th, some trains will be temporarily discontinued or have changes of origin/destination. This will impact customers along the Northeast Corridor, North Jersey Coast Line, Morris & Essex Lines and Pascack Valley Line.
Other trains throughout the system will have schedule and/or station stop adjustments. These schedule adjustments are temporary and will be restored in early 2019.
Click HERE for Northeast Corridor schedule effective June 3.
Customers may also view the printable schedules HERE for travel options.
NORTHEAST CORRIDOR TRAINS TEMPORARILY DISCONTINUED:
- Train 5822, the 7:05 a.m. departure from New Brunswick to Newark Penn
- Earlier option departs at 6:59 a.m. (Limited additional capacity)
- Later option departs at 7:10 a.m.
- Train 3811, the 4:51 a.m. departure from Penn Station New York to Trenton
- Earlier option departs at 4:17 a.m.
- Later option departs at 5:07 a.m.
- Train 5869, the 6:03 p.m. departure from Newark Penn to Trenton
- Earlier option departs at 5:56 p.m. (Limited additional capacity)
- Later option departs at 6:11 p.m.
We apologize for any inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.
For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.