REMINDER: Gladstone Branch: Buses Replace Trains between Summit & Murray Hill due to Signal Improvement Work - Weekend of April 21-22, 2018
Due to signal improvements at Summit, buses will replace Gladstone Branch trains between Summit and Murray Hill stations on the weekend of April 21-22.
During this time:
- Customers will board trains as normal at all stations between Gladstone and Berkeley Heights.
- Customers will transfer between trains and buses at Summit and Murray Hill.
- At New Providence, customers will board buses traveling to either Summit or Murray Hill.
- At Summit, New York-bound Midtown Direct trains will hold for bus connections to the extent possible.
- Customers traveling toward Gladstone from Summit will arrive at their stations up to 15 minutes later than usual.
Bus Stop Locations:
- Murray Hill: On Foley Place near station Building (railroad crossing)
- New Providence: On Springfield Avenue at Passaic Avenue (near supermarket)
- Summit: Railroad Place at station building (use exit near ticket office and restrooms)
Also, on the same weekend, Morristown Line/Midtown Direct trains may experience delays of up to 15 minutes through Summit station. This is in addition to any other delays that may affect Midtown Direct trains to/from New York due to Amtrak work.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
For information or language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.