REMINDER: Raritan Valley Line: Buses Replace Trains between Cranford & Newark due to Amtrak and Conrail Upgrades - Monday, April 30, 2018
Amtrak and Conrail will perform important track and signal work that will require Raritan Valley Line (RVL) trains to be replaced by NJ TRANSIT buses between Cranford and Newark Penn stations on the following date and time:
- Beginning at 11:15 p.m., Monday, April 30, and continuing until 4:30 a.m. the following morning.
Please allow for extra travel time, and listen for station announcements.
MONDAY EVENING, APRIL 30. (Click HERE for schedule)
- Train 5156 (9:53 p.m. FROM Raritan) will terminate at Cranford.
- Train 5458 (11:38 p.m. FROM Raritan) will terminate at Cranford.
- Customers traveling from Raritan to Westfield will board their regular trains.
- Customers at Cranford, Roselle Park and Union will board buses to Newark.
- Buses will not depart Cranford until all customers have transferred from the train
- At Newark, customers continuing to Secaucus and New York should board the next available train. Customers may wait longer than usual for their connecting train at Newark, and, if traveling via Secaucus, should plan their connectionscarefully as trains will not be held at Secaucus.
- Customers will arrive at their final destination up to 50 minutes later than usual if using NJ TRANSIT trains.
- The following trains will originate at Cranford. Customers should take the Northeast Corridor (NEC) train shown from New York andchange at Newark for connecting bus service to Union, Roselle Park and Cranford.
- For Train 5101 (12:08 a.m. FROM New York), customers should take Northeast Corridor Train 3897 (12:14 a.m. FROM New York).
- For Train 5403 (1:00 a.m. FROM New York/1:28 a.m. FROM Newark), customers should take Train 7205, as usual (1:00 a.m. FROM New York).
- Buses will not depart Newark until the connecting train has arrived and all customers have transferred.
- Trains will not depart Cranford until all buses have arrived and all customers have transferred.
- Customers will arrive at their final destination up to 45 minutes later than usual.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.