Port Jervis Line: Substitute Bus Service at Port Jervis Line Stations due to Track Work and Infrastructure Maintenance - Weekend of April 28-29, 2018
Metro-North and NJ TRANSIT will work on signal improvements on the weekend of April 28-29. To accommodate this work, buses will replace Port Jervis Line trains at all stations between Port Jervis and Suffern.
Weekend of April 28-29 - 12:15 a.m. Saturday to 12:30 a.m. Monday
- The last trains to operate to/from Port Jervis on Friday evening are Trains 67 (9:58 p.m. from Hoboken) and 68 (the 9:28 p.m. from Port Jervis).
- The first trains to operate to/from Port Jervis early Monday morning are Trains 41 (the 12:40 a.m. departure from Hoboken) and 42 (the 3:50 a.m. departure from Port Jervis).
- Inbound buses will depart stations at the scheduled train time and travel to Route 17, where customers will transfer to trains.
- NOTE: Trains 72 (8:47 a.m. from Suffern) and 80 (6:52 p.m. from Suffern) will be cancelled between Suffern and Hoboken. Customers normally using these trains will board the next available train at Route 17 (72’s customers to 1708 – the 9:14 a.m. train from Route 17 – and 1728 – the 7:14 p.m. train from Route 17). They will arriveat their final destinations 45-60 minutes late.
- NOTE: Train 78 (4:32 p.m. from Suffern) will add a stop at Route 17 Station.
- Customers traveling between stations on the Port Jervis Line will be transported by shuttle van to their destination.
- Outbound buses will depart Route 17 Station approximately five minutes after the connecting train arrives and travel directly to each Port Jervis Line station.
- NOTE: Trains 71 (normally 9:21 a.m. from Hoboken) and 73 (normally the 11:21 a.m. from Hoboken) will both depart Hoboken 20 minutes earlier than usual (at 9:01 and 11:01 a.m. respectively). New York connections for these trains will depart at 8:51 a.m. (for Train 71) and at 10:54 a.m. (for Train 73).
- NOTE: Train 75 (1:19 p.m. from Hoboken) will add a stop at Route 17 Station.
- NOTE: Train 77 (4:04 p.m. from Hoboken) will be cancelled between Hoboken and Suffern. Customers normally using this train will board Train 1725 (4:25 p.m. from Hoboken) and travel to Route 17, then transfer to buses. They will arrive at their final destinations 45-60 minutes late.
- Customers traveling between stations on the Port Jervis Line will be transported by shuttle van.
For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.