Atlantic City Rail Line: Buses Replace Midday Trains between Lindenwold and Atlantic City due to Track Work and Signal Improvements - Monday, April 9 through Friday, June 22, 2018
Beginning Monday, April 9 and continuing until Friday, June 22, from approximately 7:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. on weekdays, NJ TRANSIT Bus Route No. 554 line will replace Atlantic City Rail Line (ACRL) trains between Lindenwold and Atlantic City. Trains will continue to operate between Lindenwold and Philadelphia during this period.
View ACRL printable schedule HERE.
View ACRL schedule HERE.
Please note the following:
- Trains 4612 (the 6:40 a.m. departure from Atlantic City) and 4611 (the 5:37 a.m. departure from Philadelphia) will be the last trains to operatenormally before the outage begins.
- Trains 4630 (the 3:36 p.m. departure from Atlantic City) and 4631 (the 3:19 p.m. from Philadelphia) will be the first trains to operate normally after the outage ends.
- In Atlantic City, the No. 554 will originate/terminate at the Atlantic City Bus Terminal. Customers can use the Atlantic City Jitney service between the Atlantic City Rail Terminal and the bus terminal. Customers traveling from Atlantic City should be prepared to depart the rail terminal 15 minutes before the scheduled bus-departure time.
- At Absecon:
- Buses TO ATLANTIC CITY will depart from the bus stop on White Horse Pike near Station Avenue.
- Buses TO LINDENWOLD will depart from the bus stop on Station Avenue, across from Absecon Station.
- For Hammonton, buses will stop on Egg Harbor Road at Bellevue Avenue. Please check signs at the bus stop to ensure that you are traveling in the correct direction beforeboarding the bus.
- At Lindenwold, buses will arrive and depart from the front of the station building.
Additional details will be published in the April 8 Atlantic City Rail Line timetable, which will be available on trains and at Atlantic City and Philadelphia-30th Street stations on or about Tuesday, April 3.
We apologize for any inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.
For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.