Hackensack Streetscape Project: Change in Bus Service effective Saturday, April 7, 2018
Bus Route Nos. 76, 83, 165, 168, 712, 751, 752, 753, 755, 762, 770, 772 and 780
Click HERE for the Hackensack Streetscape Brochure.
Effective Saturday, April 7, the City of Hackensack will implement the next phase of their Main Street streetscape and redevelopment project.
At the city’s request, all NJ TRANSIT bus service will be moved off of Main Street between Passaic and Court streets. The City of Hackensack is making improvements to enhance pedestrian safety and to improve traffic flow.
Certain NJ TRANSIT bus routes will have slight alterations to their routes and/or bus stops. However, the frequency of service will not be affected. Customers who normally board or alight their bus along Main Street will now board/alight their bus along State or River streets. Fares will remain the same as current fares. Trip destination signs will not change.
- NJ TRANSIT bus service will no longer operate along Main Street between Court and Passaic streets.
- State Street is converted to two-way traffic.
- Main Street stops will have signs directing customers to newstops either along State Street or River Street.
- Select routes will also be impacted on Main Street or River Street between University Plaza and Passaic Street.
- Northbound bus service currently operating along Main Street will be relocated to State Street or River Street.
Real-time bus arrival information is available through MyBus using the five-digit code atthe bus stop.
For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.