| | The Homepage Trip Planner will find the fastest trips within a one mile walking distance of your origin and destination.
To begin, enter your starting address or boarding location (e.g. station or park & ride name). If you start typing a station name or park & ride location, the Trip Planner will suggest locations. You can select these by pressing Enter or Tab. You can also enter any street address or intersection. Be sure to include your city and state. Commas are acceptable, but are not required.
If you prefer to use a particular travel mode (e.g. "rail only," "bus only," etc.), simply select the appropriate button.
You can adjust the date and time to plan a future trip, if desired.
To plan an ADA-accessible trip, check the box next to the word "Accessible."
To plan a trip using other settings, including shorter walking distances and fewer transfers, please use our Advanced Trip Planner by clicking "Advanced."
REMINDER: Port Authority Bus Terminal: Holiday Bus Service to/from NYC - Friday, December 22, 2017 to Monday, January 1, 2018
December 07, 2017
NJ TRANSIT will operate holiday service as follows:
Click HERE for the Holiday Service Bus Guide.
Friday, December 22: Most NJ TRANSIT Bus Routes (North & South Jersey Local/Port Authority Bus Terminal [PABT]/George Washington Bridge [GWB]/Jersey City Waterfront) will operate on a regular weekday schedule.
- Early getaway service provided on select routes from PABT and Jersey City Waterfront (Nos. 64 & 68 only) between noon and 4 p.m. See njtransit.com for details.
Sunday, December 24 (Christmas Eve): Most bus routes will operate on a Sunday schedule.
Monday, December 25 (Christmas Day): Most bus routes will operate on a Sunday OR other special-holiday schedule. See njtransit.com for details.
Tuesday, December 26 - Thursday, December 28: Due to reduced ridership on these days, select bus routes will offer fewer trips during the traditional AM and PM peak periods. Select NJ TRANSIT PABT bus routes will also offer extra service in addition to trips on the printed timetables.
- EXTRA service to/from New York:
- Nos. 123, 128, 129, 158, 163, 165, 166, 167, 190, 191, 192, 193, 195, 198 and 320.
- Inbound extra service will operate between 9 a.m. to the early afternoon.
- Outbound extra service (from New York) will operate mid-afternoon to late evening.
- EXTRA service will operate 3 - 5 minutes ahead of regularly-scheduled trips. Customers should arrive at their bus stop/terminal/park & ride at least 10 minutes earlier than the departure time shown in the timetable.
- On Tuesday, December 26 ONLY, Nos. 111, 113, 114 and 116 will operate on a special holiday schedule. See njtransit.com for details.
Friday, December 29: Early getaway service will be provided on select routes from the PABT and Jersey City Waterfront (Nos. 64 & 68 ONLY) between noon and 4 p.m. See njtransit.com for details.
Saturday, December 30: Most routes will operate on a regular Saturday schedule.
- The following bus routes will operate extra inbound service from 9 a.m. until the early afternoon:
- Nos. 123, 128, 129, 158, 163, 166, 167, 190, 191, 192, 193, 195 and 320
- The following bus routes will operate extra outbound service during the evening hours:
- Nos. 123, 129, 158, 163, 166 167, 190, 192, 195 and 198
Extra service will operate 5 -10 minutes ahead of regularly-scheduled trip times.
Sunday, December 31 (New Year's Eve): Most bus routes will operate on a Sunday OR enhanced Sunday schedule. See njtransit.com for details.
- Extra inbound service will be provided from 9 a.m. until the early afternoon and again between 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Extra outbound service from New York will be provided between midnight and 6 a.m.
- The following routes will have extra service during one or more of the time periods mentioned above and will have special timetables available on njtransit.com:
- Route Nos. 107, 113, 114, 123, 125, 126,129, 139, 156, 158, 159, 160, 161, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 190, 191, 192, 194, 197 and 320.
Monday, January 1 (New Year's Day): Most buses will operate on a Saturday or Sunday schedule.
Travel Tips and Reminders:
Visit njtransit.com before starting your trip for service advisories or alerts that may affect travel.
- Please allow extra travel time during the holiday period due to traffic conditions. Heavy travel times are between 9 a.m. and noon (inbound) and between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. (outbound).
- Travel during off-peak hours: inbound before 9 a.m. or after noon; outbound before 4 p.m.
- Purchase round trip tickets in advance to expedite your trip.
- Customers departing the PABT are reminded that tickets/passes are required before boarding the bus.
- On full-service bus routes, remember that no bills over $20 are accepted. Exact change is always appreciated.
For additional information, please consult our Bus Rider Guide, or call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between 8:30 a.m.and 5 p.m. daily.