Extra service will also operate weekends and weekdays through Christmas day on select routes with heavier ridership than normal and will cover some extended mall hours.
Check the holiday service guide on your bus route’s timetable for more information.
Click HERE for the Holiday Service Bus Guide.
Weekdays, Saturdays and Sundays through Christmas Day:
The following routes will have extra service based upon higher ridership demands and extended mall hours of the day. Please check bus timetables HERE for more information:
- Nos. 11, 40, 73, 79, 85, 123, 163, 191, 192, 195, 198, 704, 709, 712 and 748.
Customers are encouraged to use our online Trip Planner HERE to determine schedule information. Customers who do not have Internet access may visit an NJ TRANSIT Customer Service office to obtain a printout of the schedule.
Travel Tips and Reminders:
- Check njtransit.com before starting your trip for service advisories or alerts that may affect your trip.
- Please allow extra travel time during the holiday period due to heavier than normal passenger demand and traffic congestion into and out of New York City. Heavy travel times are between 9 a.m. and noon (inbound) and between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. (outbound).
- Travel during off-peak hours: inbound before 9 a.m. or after noon; outbound before 4 p.m.
- On full-service bus routes, remember that no bills over $20 are accepted. Exact change is always appreciated.
- Customers departing Port Authority Bus Terminal are reminded that tickets/passes are required before boarding the bus.
- Purchase round trip tickets in advance on-board your inbound trip or prior to leaving the terminal to speed your return trip.
- Customers traveling with large luggage or baby strollers should use undercarriage storage compartments on buses when available. Please ask your bus operator for assistance when using undercarriage storage compartments.
For questions or additional information, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.