Northeast Corridor & North Jersey Coast Line: 60-Minute Delays in Both Directions between Secaucus & Newark due to Amtrak Signal Work - Friday, November 10-Sunday, November 12, 2017
Delays Anticipated on NEC and NJCL; Substitute Busing Required on RVL for Amtrak Track Work
Beginning at approximately 9 p.m. Friday, November 10 and continuing through the end of service on Sunday, November 12, customers traveling on the Northeast Corridor (NEC) and North Jersey Coast Line (NJCL) trains may be subject to delays of up to 60 minutes in both directions. The Amtrak work will require signals near Newark Penn Station to be taken out of service, requiring trains to operate at restricted speeds.
During this time, Amtrak also will perform track maintenance work where RVL connects with the NEC. As a result, buses will replace trains in both directions as follows:
- Friday, November 10 (9 p.m. through end of service day) - Between Cranford and Newark
- Saturday, November 11 and Sunday, November 12 (All day) - Between Union and Newark
To accommodate this signal work and manage train traffic through the area, NJ TRANSIT will not operate the Northeast Corridor 7600 series trains between Rahway and Penn Station New York. Customers will be accommodated by the following train which is scheduled 5-10 minutes behind the 7600 series with an added station stop at North Elizabeth.
Customers on these three rail lines (NEC, NJCL and RVL) are advised to allow for extra travel time to and from their destinations. Customers also should pay close attention to station and crew announcements.
This work will impact customers on theNEC, NJCL and RVL planning to attend the following sports events and concerts. Customers are strongly encouraged to allow additional travel time:
- Saturday, November 11 - NY Rangers at MSG 1 p.m.
- Saturday, November 11 - NY Knicks at MSG at 8 p.m.
- Saturday, November 11 - NJ Devils at Prudential Center at 7 p.m.
- Sunday, November 12 - Dead & Company concert at MSG at 7 p.m.
Please allow additional travel time when using NEC or NJCL trains to/from the Newark Liberty International Airport.
- M&E and Midtown Direct service will NOT be impacted by this Amtrak signal work.
We apologize for any inconvenience. For further information, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.