On Friday, June 30, NJ TRANSIT will operate early getaway rail service.
On the weekend of July 1-2, NJ TRANSIT rail service will operate on a regular weekend schedule.
On Monday, July 3, NJ TRANSIT rail service will operate on a regular weekday schedule.
On Tuesday, July 4, NJ TRANSIT rail service will operate on a weekend/major holiday schedule, including a special rail schedule on the Gladstone Branch.
For complete rail schedule information, use the “Station-to-Station Trip Planner” features HERE.
View printable schedules HERE.
NJ TRANSIT Rail service will operate as follows:
Early Getaway - Friday, June 30
Northeast Corridor Getaway
- Five extra trains depart New York between 1 PM and 3:30 PM.
- Three trains departing New York between 4:30 PM and 5:30 PM will add a Newark Airport stop.
- Trains 3867 (5:17 PM from NY), 3955 (5:43 PM from NY) and 3961 (6:39 PM from NY) are cancelled this day.
North Jersey Coast Line (NJCL) Getaway
- Two extra trains depart New York:
- Train 8249 at 2:33 PM (express EWR-Woodbridge)
- Train 8353 at 3:24 PM (express Newark Penn-Matawan)
- Train 3373 (6:03 PM from NY) is cancelled this day.
Raritan Valley Line Getaway
- An extra train departs New York at 3:34 PM and makes all stops to Raritan. The connecting train departs New York at 3:07 PM and Secaucus at 3:16 PM.
- Train 5743 (the 6:25 PM departure from Newark) is combined with Train 5445 (6:33 PM Newark departure). The combined train departs Newark at 6:33 PM and makes all stops to High Bridge.
Morris & Essex Lines Getaway
- An extra train departs New York at 2:26 PM. It stops at Newark Broad Street, Brick Church and Orange stations, then makes all stops from South Orange to Dover except Mount Tabor.
- An extra train departs New York at 3:12 PM and makes all stops to Summit except Secaucus. Connecting service to Stirling and Dover is available at Summit.
- An extra train departs New York at 4:01 PM. It operates express to South Orange and Maplewood, and then makes all stops from Chatham to Dover except Mount Tabor.
Pascack Valley Line Getaway
- The 2:58 PM departure from Hoboken will be extended from New Bridge Landing, with additional stops at River Edge, Hillsdale, Pearl River, Nanuet and Spring Valley.
- Train 1639 (the 7:20 PM departure from Hoboken) will not operate.
Port Jervis Line Getaway
- The 2:41 PM departure from Hoboken will not operate.
- Train 59 (the 6:15 PM departure from Hoboken) will not operate.
Tuesday, July 4 (Independence Day) on all lines
- Weekend/Major holiday schedule.
- A special RAIL schedule (No Busing) will operate on the Gladstone Branch. Details can be found on NJ TRANSIT’s website either on the printable schedules page or via the Trip Planner or Station-to-Station features.
- An additional train departs Port Jervis at 4:09 PM. It makes all stops to Suffern, then operates express to Secaucus and Hoboken.
For more information, call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.