NJ TRANSIT trains will operate extra service during the Memorial Day weekend. For complete rail schedule information, use the “Station-to-Station Trip Planner” features HERE to find a train time during this time or see printable schedules HERE.
NJ TRANSIT Rail service will operate as follows:
Early Getaway - Friday, May 26
Northeast Corridor Getaway
- Five extra trains depart New York between 1 PM and 3:30 PM.
- Three trains departing New York between 4:30 and 5:30 PM will now add a Newark Airport stop.
- Trains 3867 (5:17 PM from NY), 3955 (5:43 PM from NY) and 3961 (6:39 PM from NY) are cancelled this day.
North Jersey Coast Line (NJCL) Getaway
- Two extra trains depart New York:
- Train 8249 at 2:33 PM (express EWR-Woodbridge)
- Train8353 at 3:24 PM (express Newark Penn-Matawan)
- Train 3373 (6:03 PM from NY) is cancelled this day.
Raritan Valley Line Getaway
An extra train departs Newark at 3:34 PM and makes all stops to Raritan. The connecting train departs New York at 3:07 PM and Secaucus at 3:16 PM.
- Train 5743 (the 6:25 PM departure from Newark) is combined with Train 5445 (6:33 PM Newark departure). The combined train departs Newark at 6:33 PM and makes all stops to High Bridge.
Morris & Essex Lines Getaway
- An extra train departs New York at 2:26 PM. It stops at Newark Broad Street, Brick Church and Orange stations, then makes all stops from South Orange to Dover except Mount Tabor.
- An extra train departs New York at 3:12 PM and makes all stops to Summit except Secaucus. Connecting service to Stirling and Dover is available at Summit.
- An extra train departs New York at 4:01 PM. It operates express to South Orange and Maplewood, and then makes all stops from Chatham to Dover except Mount Tabor.
Pascack Valley Line Getaway
- One outbound Pascack Valley train (#9653, leaving Hoboken at 2:58 p.m.) will extend its existing service to terminate in Spring Valley.
- Trains 1653 and 1639 will not run on Friday, May 26.
Port Jervis Line Getaway
- Train 49 (the 2:41 PM from Hoboken) is extended to Port Jervis and is renumbered as Train 99.
- The 6:15 PM departure from Hoboken (Train 59) is cancelled this day.
NJCL Saturday, May 27/Sunday, May 28/Monday, May 29
- Added Bay Head-Long Branch shuttle service.
- Operates hourly Bay Head to Long Branch from 7:21 AM until 9:21 PM.
- Operates hourly Long Branch to Bay Head from 8:46 AM until 10:46 PM.
- Regular service (every two hours) at other times.
Monday,May 29 (Memorial Day) on all lines
- Weekend/Major holiday schedule, including extra Bay Head-Long Branch trains on NJCL and regular Gladstone Branch WEEKEND bus service.
- An additional train departs Port Jervis at 4:09 PM. It makes all stops to Suffern, then operates express to Secaucus and Hoboken.
For more information, call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.