George Washington Bridge Bus Station Reopens: Speed Your Trip & Buy before Boarding
NJ TRANSIT will expedite the boarding process at the George Washington Bridge Bus Station following the station’s reopening, to improve the overall customer experience by getting riders home faster.
Cash will no longer be accepted on buses departing the George Washington Bridge Bus Station. Customers are required to purchase their tickets/passes or use electronic ticketing via MyTix before boarding the bus.
Buy Before Boarding
Ticket Vending Machines (TVMs)
- Located across from the NJ TRANSIT ticket windows on the passenger waiting room level.
- Electronic ticketing through the MyTix feature of the NJ TRANSIT mobile app - available free of charge on web enabled iOS and Android devices.
Ticket Agents: Ticket office hours are as follows:
- Weekdays: 6:00 AM - 10:00 AM 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Weekends/Holidays: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
|Bus Route Number
|| Gate Assignment
- New waiting area with seating for 125 customers.
- Departure/Information Boards throughout the station.
- Waiting room, ticketing, and restrooms located in the new pavilion (third floor).
- Direct access to MTA’s A Train and 175th Street subway station on lower level at a later date.
- Customers who need access to the A Train should exit the station on to Fort Washington Avenue and walk one block south to the subway entrance at 177th Street until further notice.
- All bus gates are ADA compliant. Customers requiring ADA assistance will no longer need to make reservations.
For more information, click HERE.
NJ TRANSIT information can be obtained by visiting njtransit.com or by calling NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.