Customers advised to check new timetables carefully.
View rail schedules HERE. View printable rail schedules HERE.
On Sunday, May 7, the new NJ TRANSIT rail schedules go into effect. Some of the schedule changes include additional equipment where possible and improved connections at Secaucus and Newark Penn Station. NJ TRANSIT has also added a weekday evening stop at Newark Liberty International Airport Station for the North Jersey Coast Line (NJCL).
Northeast Corridor, North Jersey Coast Line and Raritan Valley Line
- NJCL Train 3502, the 8:08 AM arrival in Penn Station New York (PSNY) from South Amboy, will switch from nine single-level rail cars to nine multi-levels. This train will no longer stop at Newark Airport, instead, Train 3124 will add a stop at Newark Airport Station 5 minutes later.
- NJCL Train 3269, the 5:34 PM departure from PSNY to Long Branch will no longer stop at Secaucus to improve Raritan Valley Line connections in Newark. Train 3267 will add a Secaucus stop at 5:35 p.m.
- NJCL Train 3271, the 5:52 p.m. departure from PSNY to Long Branch will depart PSNY 3 minutes later at 5:55 p.m.
- NEC Train 3817, the 6:34 AM departure from PSNY to Trenton will depart PSNY 5 minutes later at 6:39 AM.
- NEC Train 3897, the 12:14 AMdeparture from PSNY to Trenton will arrive in Trenton 6 minutes later at 1:55 AM.
- NJCL Train 3283, the 8:22 PM departure from PSNY to Long Branch, will make a stop at Newark Airport at 8:46 PM.
Main-Bergen County and Pascack Valley Lines
- Main Line Train 1206, the 8:22 AM arrival in Hoboken from Waldwick, will add an additional car, making it a total of seven cars.
- Eight Main/Bergen County Lines and Pascack Valley Line trains beginning with Train 1271 (departing at 6:02 PM on the Bergen County Line) will depart Hoboken 1 to 3 minutes later to extend connection times at Secaucus from seven minutes to ten minutes. This is in response to customer feedback received at a recent “We Are Listening” forum in Secaucus suggesting improved connection times.
Morris & Essex Line
- Train 6653, the 5:50 PM MidTOWN Direct departure from PSNY to Dover, will have an additional multi-level car, increasing it to ten cars.
- Train 412, the 8:13 AM arrival in Hoboken, and Train 414, the 8:46 AM arrival in Hoboken will have five cars, instead of four. The movement of equipment allows an additional eastbound trip departing Gladstone at 9:48 PM and makes all stops to Hoboken.
Customers are advised to carefully check new timetables, which are available at major stations and online for changes that may affect their itinerary. Customers with questions may call NJ TRANSIT at (973) 275-5555 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.