UPDATE: Raritan Valley Line: Buses Replace Trains Between Cranford and Union Stations Due to Track and Switch Maintenance - April 29-30, 2017
PLEASE NOTE: Raritan Valley customers should expect train delays in and out of New York due to Amtrak track maintenance, track inspection and speed restrictions. Customers should anticipate estimated 30 minute delays as some tracks may become out of service from time to time.
Beginning at 7:30 a.m., Saturday, April 29, and continuing until 7:30 p.m., Sunday, April 30, NJ TRANSIT and Conrail will perform track and switch maintenance work between Cranford and Roselle Park stations on the Raritan Valley Line (RVL). During this time, buses will replace trains between Cranford and Union stations.
View schedules HERE.
Please NOTE: Customers traveling to and from New York should expect delays of up to 30 minutes due to additional Amtrak work between Newark and New York. Please allow for extra travel time.
While eastbound RVL trains will continue to New York, as an additional convenience, NJ TRANSIT Raritan Valley Line customers ONLY will be cross-honoring with PATH between Newark and New York.
- Customers traveling from Raritan to Garwood will board their regular train and transfer to buses at Cranford.
- Customers at Cranford will board buses, which will continue to Union Station, with ONE bus also stopping at Roselle Park Station. Customers traveling to Roselle Park must board the bus to Roselle Park.
- Customers at Roselle Park will board a bus that will take them to Union Station.
- Customers at Union Station (and customers arriving at Union by bus) will board a shuttle train that will take them to Newark Penn Station (NPS). This shuttle train will continue to Secaucus and New York. ONLY during the hours of this project (Saturday, 7:30 a.m. to Sunday, 7:30 p.m.), RVL customers continuing to Secaucus and New York will not need to transfer at Newark (EXCEPTION: The last shuttle train on Saturday night will terminate at Newark Penn Station, with connecting service available to Secaucus and New York.)
- Customers traveling FROM New York, Secaucus or Newark will board trains as usual and transfer to buses at Union Station.
- Customers at Union Station will board buses. All buses will continue to Cranford, with ONE bus also stopping at Roselle Park. Customers traveling to Roselle Park must board the bus to Roselle Park.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
For further information, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and5 p.m. daily.