New bus schedules will take effect Saturday, January 14 on several NJ TRANSIT bus routes.
For schedules, click HERE.
Please note the following service changes:
No. 1 Weekdays: To reflect a more accurate travel time, minor adjustments to trips have been made throughout the day.
No. 2 Daily: Adjustments made to improve on-time performance.
No. 21 Weekdays: At the request of our customers, the 4:45 AM trip to Newark will now depart five minutes earlier to improve connectivity options downtown.
No. 34 Weekdays: At the request of our customers, the 4:50 AM trip to Newark will now depart five minutes earlier to improve connectivity options downtown.
No. 64 weekdays: 64H trip currently leaving from Strickland Road at 7:31 AM (Howell Garage 7:29 AM) will leave 3 minutes later to ease overcrowding.
- 67B trip leaving Journal Square at 4:27 PM will leave 2 minutes earlier at 4:25 PM (Newark time will remain at 5 PM) to improve on time performance.
- Saturday and Sunday: A new trip will be added leaving Lakewood at 6:40am operating to Toms River to serve work locations along Rt. 549.
No. 76 Saturdays: In order to enhance the customer experience, the 8:55 PM trip has been extended to Rutherford Station on Saturdays.
No. 113 Weekdays: To reflect a more accurate travel time, minor adjustments to trips have been made throughout the day.
No.114 Weekdays & Saturdays: An additional trip departing the Port Authority Bus Terminal at 4:25 PM has been added to the schedule on weekdays. Additional minor changes to trips times throughout the day. Also, on Saturdays a new trip has been added departing Dunellen at 7:12 AM.
No. 123 Daily: Additional Saturday and Sunday PM service and adjustments departing New York (NY).
No. 127 Weekdays: TO NY: AM adjustments to provide earlier service and reduce overcrowding conditions.
No. 131 weekdays: Resumption of PM Combined trips operating over regular route; no changes to trip departure times.
No. 133 weekdays: The trip leaving the Rotary Senior Center at 6:50am will leave 5 minutes earlier at 6:45 a.m. Times between Route 516 at Morganville Road and New York will remain the same.
No. 137 weekdays:
- The 7:45 PM Parkway Express trip from New York will be suspended; the 8:15 PM Parkway Express trip from New York will be adjusted to leave 15 minutes earlier at 8:00 PM.
- Weekdays and Saturday: Trips leaving Lakewood at 6:35 AM (weekday and Saturday) and 7:35 AM (weekday) will be discontinued. For alternate service, please consult the No. 559 timetable.
No. 138 weekdays: Selected AM trip times have been adjusted to better match service levels with passenger demands.
No. 139 weekdays:
- In response to overcrowding, a new trip has been added departing Route 9 at Gordon’s Corner at 4:32 AM. The current trip departing at 6:56 AM will be discontinued due to low ridership.
- The 12:50 PM trip from Lakewood will leave 4 minutes later at 12:54 PM (all times between Aldrich Road and New York will remain unchanged).
- The 7:10 AM trip from Freehold Center via Englishtown will leave 6 minutes earlier from Freehold Center at 7:04 AM.
- Trips leaving New York between 6:30 AM and 9:00 AM will arrive at points between Old Bridge Park&Ride and Lakewood between 3 and 5 minutes later to improve on time performance.
- Saturdays: In response to overcrowding a new trip will be added leaving from Route 9 at Howell Garage at 4:34 AM. See timetable for specific details.
No. 144 Weekdays: TO NY: Minor schedule adjustments during the AM to improve on-time performance.
No. 158 Weekdays: TO Fort Lee: Added trips about 4:55 PM and 6:35 PM and other minor schedule adjustments.
No. 160 Weekdays & Saturdays: Elimination of the late night Thursday/Friday and Saturday tripin both directions
No. 161 Weekdays: TO NY: Minor schedule adjustments to improve on-time performance.
No. 162 Weekdays: TO NY: Minor schedule adjustments to improve on-time performance.
No. 163 Weekdays: TO NY: AM schedule adjustments. TO Ridegewood: Two additional “T” Express trips and one local trip and adjustments between 2-3:30 PM. Elimination of the 1:01 AM trip in coordination with the new 12:50 AM No. 164 trip.
No. 164 Weekdays: TO Midland Park: Addition of a 12:50 AM trip. Elimination of a 2:40 PM local trip in coordination with the new No. 163 local at 3:35 PM trip addition.
No. 165 Daily: Weekdays to NY: Minor afternoon schedule adjustments. Weekends: New schedule.
No. 166 Daily: Weekdays to Cresskill: New 4 p.m. “X” I-95 Express trip and adjustments between 4-5 PM. Weekends: New schedule.
No. 168 Saturdays & Sundays: New schedules.
No. 191 Weekdays: Minor schedule adjustments in both directions.
No. 194/197/198 Weekdays: Minor schedule adjustments departing NY in the AM to improve on-time performance.
Nos. 317, 403, 459: Selected trips will be adjusted to skip Colleges and Social Services when the facilities are closed.
Nos. 315, 319: The Stone Harbor Boulevard Bridge detour will be the official route until the summer.
No. 319: Running time on trips operating via Newark will be adjusted to improve on time performance.
Nos. 407, 414: Fox Meadow Apartments will only be served on the 414 line and Moorestown Mall will only be served on the No. 407 line. A Continuing Trip Fare will be available for customers to transfer between the 407 and 414 to reach these unique locations.
Nos. 414, 417:
- AM service will continue to operate via 6th Street and Market Street in Philadelphia to City Hall then service will continue westbound on JFK Boulevard to 30th Street.
- PM service will start on JFK Boulevard at 30th Street and then operate eastbound on Market Street around City Hall to 5th Street.
- The 414 and 417 lines will share selected SEPTA bus stops on JFK Boulevard and eastbound Market Street. See the new 414/417/555 South Jersey - Center City Connector timetable for more information.
Nos. 501, 502, 504, 505, 507, 508, 509, 559: The weekday, Saturday, and Sunday schedules will be adjusted to improve on time performance. Selected trips have been eliminated due to low ridership.
No. 552 will be adjusted as follows:
Weekdays, Saturdays and Sundays:
- The mid-day schedules will be enhanced to provide a 45-minute frequency of service between Atlantic City and Cape May.
- All trips operating via the Crest Haven Complex will serve the Nursing/Rehabilitation Center and the Cape May County Technical School.
- Trips operating only between the Crest Haven Complex and Wildwood will be discontinued.
- Select evening tripswill serve Atlantic-Cape Community College.
No. 555: Trips that operate only between Avandale and Philadelphia on the No. 551 will be renumbered as the No. 555 line.
- AM service in Philadelphia will operate via bus stops on 6th Street and Market Street then proceed westbound on JFK Boulevard to 30th Street.
- PM service in Philadelphia will start on JFK at 30th Street and operate eastbound on Market Street around City Hall to 5th Street. The 555 line will serve selected SEPTA bus stops on JFK Boulevard and eastbound Market Street.
- The No. 555 line will not serve Greyhound Terminal in Philadelphia or the WRTC in Camden. See the new 414/417/555 South Jersey - Center City Connector timetable for more information.
No. 468: Weekday trips will operate via Project Freedom in Woodstown.
No. 610: The 3:00 PM trip from Trenton High School will be eliminated due to low ridership. The 3:07 PM trip from John Witherspoon Middle School will be shown on the No. 605 timetable and the No. 610 timetable will no longer be printed.
No. 704 Daily: Adjustments to improve on-time performance.
No. 712 Daily: Adjustments to improve on-time performance.
No. 756 Weekdays & Saturdays: Adjustments to improve on-time performance.
No. 770 Weekdays: Adjustments between 6 PM and 7:15 PM in both directions.
No. 872/875 Weekdays: Schedule adjustments to improve on-time performance.
For additional information, call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.