New bus schedules will take effect Saturday, September 3 on several NJ TRANSIT bus routes.
View schedule HERE.
Please note the following service changes:
No. 10 Daily: Adjustments made in both directions.
Nos. 22, 23, 85 and 89: See the updated Hoboken departure Information boxes on the corresponding timetables for lane changes.
No. 67 daily: Service will be suspended to and from Seaside Park effective Tuesday, September 6. No. 67X trip times will be adjusted in coordination with the non-Summer No. 319 service to and from Newark and Jersey City.
Nos. 87 & 126: Beginning September 3, Hoboken Terminal bus lane assignments will change.
- No. 87 trips will depart from lane 1.
- No. 126 Clinton Street trips will depart from lane 2.
- No. 126 Washington Street trips will depart from lane 3.
No. 97: At the direction of Montclair Township, 13 bus stops have been made official along the route on Harrison Avenue in Montclair Township.
No.111 Sundays: Additional service from Jersey Gardens to New York has been added at5:22 PM and 7:22 PM.
No. 119 Weekdays & Saturdays: Adjustments made in both directions.
GATE CHANGES: Nos. 122, 127, 144, 155, 157, 163P, 165T, 168T, 193, 194, 198, 320 and 324: See updated Port Authority Bus Terminal departure information boxes on the corresponding timetables for gate and/or door changes.
No. 128 Weekdays: New trip added in the TO New York direction at 5:35 AM from Nungessers.
No. 130 Friday: The trip leaving New York at 2:15 p.m. to Lakewood will be suspended.
No. 133 weekdays: The trip leaving the Rotary Senior Center at 7:10 a.m. will leave 5 minutes EARLIER at 7:05 a.m. Times between Rt. 516 at Morganville Road and New York will remain the same.
- Daily: Service to and from Seaside Park/Island Beach State Park will be suspended effective Tuesday, September 6. Parkway Express Service to/from Toms River will be adjusted in coordination with the non-Summer No. 319 service levels.
- Saturdays: To improve travel options a 6:00 p.m. trip will be added from New York to enable a combined 30 minute frequency from New York with the No. 319 between 4:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
- Friday: The trip leaving New York at 3:00 p.m. to Union Hill Park&Ride will be suspended.
- Weekdays: All service from New York to Englishtown will now leave from Gate 315.
- Saturdays and Sundays: Service frequencies to and from New York will be adjusted to non-Summer service levels.
Nos. 158, 163T, 164B&E, 165P, 166T&X, 177, 192 Local & Express, 193, 324 Fridays: Extra summer-season Friday getaway service has been removed from the schedule.
No. 160 Weekdays: New early trip and schedule adjustments TO New York between 5:28 AM - 7:15 AM.
No. 165 Weekdays: All local PM Peak trips between 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM in the TO Westwood direction will now begin in Weehawken and operate hourly.
- Additional No. 166 local service via Boulevard East to Ridgefield will replace No. 165 local service at the PABT to help ease congestion at Gate 212.
No. 166 Weekdays: New local service departing New York has been added between 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM to replace No. 165 local service via Boulevard East to help ease congestion at the PABT.
No. 191 Sundays: The first trip in the TO New York direction will now depart at 6:33 AM.
No. 192 Sundays: 3 New trips have been added in the TO New York direction at 7:00 AM, 9:00 AM and 11:00 AM.
No. 194 Daily: Last trip in the TO Stockholm direction will now operate via Willowbrook Shoppers’ Stop. All Cedar Grove service has been eliminated on this line. Select trips will serve the Pompton Lakes (Wanaque at Ringwood) pattern.
No. 197 Weekdays: The 10:51 AM weekday trip departing Pompton Lake has been removed from the schedule.
No. 308 Saturdays and Sundays: service will continue to operate through Sunday, October 30, Friday service for Fright Fest will operate between September 30 and October 28. The last day for service will be Sunday, October 30.
Bus No. 319: Line will be operating a special schedule Labor Day weekend. Please see the website for further information.
No. 320 Weekdays: Minor adjustments made to the inbound PM schedule.
No. 321 Weekdays: Enhanced schedule. New trips have been added in both directions, including an increase of frequency to 30 minutes during the midday.
Bus Nos. 414 and 417:
- Due to delays in receiving bus stop approval in Philadelphia, the planned Philadelphia route change that appears on the September 3 schedule for the Nos. 414 and 417 will not take place. Service to Philadelphia will continue to follow the existing routes and stops.
- Rerouted to operate via the Pennsauken Transit Center to provide additional connections to Philadelphia for River Line customers.
- The two trips will be merged into one trip due to low ridership on both trips.
- Service will begin in Camden making all stops via Cherry Hill Mall and Moorestown Mall. Then proceed via I-295 to Rancocas Road at Bridge Street in Willingboro where all local stops to US 130 at Salem Road in Burlington will be served before heading to Trenton.
- The PM trip will follow the reverse pattern.
- Service between Rancocas Road at Bridge Street and Mt. Holly will be discontinued due to low ridership.
- Due to delays in receiving bus stop approval in Philadelphia, the planned Philadelphia route change that appears on the September 3 schedule for Avandale trips for the No. 551 will not take place. Service to Philadelphia will continue to follow the existing routes and stops.
- Selected trips will also be adjusted to operate via the Gloucester Premium Outlets to provide access to jobs and shopping.
No. 704 Weekdays: Adjustments made in both directions.
No. 712 Weekdays: Minor AM adjustments made in the TO Willowbrook Mall direction.
No. 817: Selected weekday trips will be adjusted to serve the Northern Monmouth Higher Education Center in Hazlet.
No. 832: The schedule will be adjusted to every 60 minutes on weekdays and Saturdays and extended to Brookdale College in Lincroft.
No. 838: The 833 and 835 lines will be combined into the 838 (Freehold-Red Bank-Sea Bright) line. All current No. 833 or No. 835 customers will have similar or improved service on the new Route 838.
- Service will operate hourly on weekdays between Freehold and Sea Bright providing a one seat ride to Brookdale Community College from Fair Haven, Rumson, and Sea Bright.
- Service also will operate on Saturdays between Brookdale Community College, Red Bank and Sea Bright with an 85 minute frequency.
- Please see the new No. 838 timetable for further details.
No. 872 Weekdays: New time point has been added to the schedule for Wyndham Worldwide in the Mack Cali Business Campus.
For information, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.