On Friday, July 1, NJ TRANSIT will operate extra getaway rail service.
On Monday, July 4, a weekend/major holiday schedule will operate, with an additional Port Jervis Line train. Train 88 departs Port Jervis at 4:08 p.m., makes all stops to Suffern, then operates express to Secaucus and Hoboken.
For complete rail schedule information, use the “Station-to-Station Trip Planner” features HERE to find a train time during this time or see printable schedules HERE.
NJ TRANSIT getaway rail service will operate as follows on Friday, July 1:
Northeast Corridor Getaway
- Five extra trains depart New York between 1 PM and 3:30 PM.
- Four trains departing New York between 4:30 and 5:30 PM will now add Newark Airport stops on all getaway days
- Trains 3867 (5:20 PM from NY), 3955 (5:43 PM from NY) and 3961 (6:39 PM from NY) are cancelled this day.
North Jersey Coast Line (NJCL) Getaway
- Two extra trains depart NY:
- Train 8249 at 2:33 PM (express EWR-Woodbridge)
- Train 8353 at 3:25 PM (express Newark Penn-Matawan)
- Train 3373 (6:03 PM from NY) is cancelled this day.
Raritan Valley Line Getaway
- Train 5743 (the 6:24 PM departure from Newark) is combined with Train 5445 (6:33 PM Newark departure). The combined train departs Newark at 6:33 PM and makes all stops to High Bridge.
Morris & Essex Lines Getaway
- The 2:26 PM train from New York stops at Newark Broad Street, Brick Church and Orange stations, then makes all stops from South Orange to Dover except Mount Tabor.
- The 3:12 PM train from New York makes all stops to Summit except Secaucus.
- NEW: A 4:01 PM departure from New York operates express to South Orange and Maplewood, and then makes all stops from Chatham to Dover except Mount Tabor.
Port Jervis Line Getaway
- Train 49 (the 2:41 PM from Hoboken) is extended to Port Jervis and is renumbered as Train 99.
- The 6:15 PM departure from Hoboken (Train 59) is cancelled this day.
For more information, call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.