REMINDER: Port Authority Bus Terminal: Special Bus Schedules to/from New York New Year’s Eve 2015 & New Year’s Day 2016
During the evening of New Year's Eve (Thursday, December 31) and continuing through the early morning hours of New Year’s Day (Friday, January 1, 2016), NJ TRANSIT will operate either a regular weekday or special holiday schedule on all bus lines serving New York City.
View Holiday Service Schedule HERE.
Extra service will operate on Thursday afternoon on selected Port Authority Bus Terminal bus routes for customers traveling to the New Year’s Eve celebration in Times Square.
Inbound to New York
- The following bus routes will operate extra service during selected times of the day: Nos. 129, 158, 161, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 190, 197, 198 and 320
Early Morning on New Year’s Day (after midnight) - Additional inbound service to New York operate:
- On the No. 126 Hoboken line every 30 minutes until 3:30 a.m.,
- On the No. 190 Paterson-New York line every 30 minutes until 6:00 a.m.,
- On the No. 320 from Mill Creek/Harmon Meadow every 30 minutes until 2:00 a.m.
Outbound to New Jersey (12 a.m. to 5:30 a.m.)
- After midnight, expanded service will operate from the following PABT Gates HERE.
- Gates 230-234 serving Bus Route Nos. 127, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 197, 198, 199 and 320 will remain open between 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- All 300 Gates will remain open between 1 a.m. to 6 a.m.
- Buses will return to their normal departure platforms at 6:00 a.m.
All passengers departing the PABT must purchase their ticket before boarding the bus. Round-trip tickets may be purchased from your bus operator inbound to New York or from either NJ TRANSIT ticket windows 1-10 or from Ticket Vending Machines located throughout the terminal.
All normal fares and fare programs will be in effect on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.
For information, call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.