REMINDER: Port Authority Bus Terminal Holiday Bus Service to/from NYC through January 1, 2016
View Holiday Service Schedule HERE.
Holiday service to/from Port Authority Bus Terminal (PABT) will operate as follows:
Monday, December 28 and continuing through Thursday, December 31:
- Selected NJ TRANSIT bus routes will offer extra service in addition to trips shown on the printed timetables. Customers are encouraged to consult the holiday service guide on the public timetable to plan their trip.
The following bus routes will operate extra bus service to/from New York:
- Bus Route Nos. 129, 158, 163, 164, 166, 167, 177,190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 197 and 320.
- Inbound extra service will operate between 9 a.m. and early afternoon.
- Outbound extra service from New York will operate from mid-afternoon to late evening.
- Extra service will operate 3-5 minutes ahead of regularly scheduled trips. Customers should arrive at their bus stop/terminal/park&ride at least 10 minutes earlier then the departure time shown in the public timetable.
Thursday, December 31 (New Year's Eve):
Local bus service will operate on a regular weekday schedule.
- The following bus routes will operate extra bus service during select times of the day: 129, 158, 161, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 190, 197, 198 and 320.
- Most PABT/George Washington Bridge/Jersey City Waterfront (routes 64 & 68 only) bus routes will operate on a regular weekday schedule. Early getaway service will be provided from Port Authority Bus Terminal (selected routes) & Jersey City Waterfront (routes 64 & 68 only) between noon and 4 p.m.
- Extra outbound service will operate from New York after midnight.
Friday, January 1 (New Year's Day): Most buses will operate on a Saturday or Sunday schedule.
Travel Tips and Reminders
Check for service advisories or alerts that may affect your trip before starting your trip.
- Please allow extra travel time during the holiday period due to traffic conditions. Heavy travel times are between 9 a.m. and noon (inbound) and between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. (outbound).
- Travel during off-peak hours: inbound before 9 a.m. or after noon; outbound before 4 p.m.
- Purchase round trip tickets in advance to speed your trip.
- Customers departing PABT are reminded that tickets/passes are required before boarding the bus.
- On full-service bus routes, remember that no bills over $20 are accepted. Exact change is always appreciated.
For additional information, please consult our Bus Rider Guide, or call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.