REMINDER: PABT, GWB & Jersey City Waterfront Bus Service: Special Holiday Schedules in Effect Thanksgiving Holiday Weekend - Wednesday, November 26 to Sunday, November 30, 2014
Most NJ TRANSIT bus services to and from New York City and the Jersey City Waterfront will operate on modified schedules during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend (November 26-November 30).
Wednesday, November 26 and Friday, November 28:
- Most Port Authority Bus Terminal (PABT), George Washington Bridge (GWB) and Jersey City Waterfront bus routes will operate on either a special holiday schedule or regular weekday schedule.
- Due to reduced ridership, select bus routes will offer fewer trips during the traditional AM and PM peak periods on these dates
Wednesday, November 26
- Early getaway service will be provided on selected routes from PABT and the Jersey City Waterfront Bus Routes Nos. 64 & 68 only - between noon and 4:30 p.m.
Thursday, November 27 (Thanksgiving Day):
- Most PABT and GWB bus routes and local bus service will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- The following bus routes will operate extra bus service to/from New York for the parade:
- Bus Route Nos. 111, 113X, 114, 123, 137, 139, 158, 161, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197 & 320
- Inbound extra service between 8 a.m. and noon.
- Outbound extra service from noon to early evening.
- Extra service will operate 3-5 minutes ahead of regular scheduled trips. Customers should arrive at their boarding location at least 10 minutes earlier than the departure time.
- Selected routes will not operate on Thanksgiving Day.
Friday, November 28
- Local bus service will operate on a weekday schedule withsome additional service to area malls and shopping centers.
Saturday, November 29 and Sunday, November 30:
- Most PABT and GWB bus routes and local bus routes will operate on a regular Saturday/Sunday schedule.
Customers are encouraged to use our online Trip Planner at njtransit.com to determine schedule information. Customers who do not have Internet access may visit an NJ TRANSIT Customer Service office to obtain a printout of the schedule.
Travel Tips and Reminders
- Check njtransit.com before starting your trip for service advisories or alerts that may affect your trip.
- Please allow extra travel time during the holiday period due to heavier than normal passenger demand and traffic congestion into and out of New York City. Heavy travel times are between 9 a.m. and noon (inbound) and between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. (outbound).
- Travel during off-peak hours: inbound before 9 a.m. or after noon; outbound before 4 p.m.
- On full-service bus routes, remember that no bills over $20 are accepted. Exact change is always appreciated.
- Customers departing Port Authority Bus Terminal are reminded that tickets/passes are required before boarding the bus.
- Purchase round trip tickets in advance on-board your inbound trip or prior to leaving the terminal to speed your return trip.
- Customers traveling with large luggage or baby strollers should use undercarriage storage compartments on buses when available. Please ask your bus operator for assistance when using undercarriage storage compartments.