Full Rail Service Resumes into Hoboken Terminal - Monday, October 17, 2016
On Monday, October 17 at 4 a.m., NJ TRANSIT will open six more tracks at Hoboken Terminal restoring full train service into and out of Hoboken Terminal. The ticket offie resumes operation.
Customers should note that there also will be some reconfiguration of paths of travel to account for the change in access points.
For the morning peak period, Tracks 1 through 4 and Tracks 7 and 8 will re-open. Customers may access Tracks 1 through 4 through the external walkway near PATH and Tracks 7 and 8 via the Main Terminal.
Tracks 5 and 6 will remain closed as NJ TRANSIT advances ongoing repair and recovery work.
Customers may experience some delays as NJ TRANSIT personnel work with construction crews to clear the area. Congested conditions in certain locations may also be expected at the terminal with the loss of space around tracks 5 and 6.
View printable schedules HERE.
- As repair work continues at the terminal, customers are advised to stay clear of all work areas.
- The Hoboken Terminal waiting room, Customer Service office andrestrooms will be open.
- Ticket Vending Machines located in the waiting room will be fully operational.
- Customers can download the NJ TRANSIT App and sign up for MyTix to purchase their tickets.
Bus, Light Rail and Additional Services
- NJ TRANSIT bus, Hudson-Bergen Light Rail, PATH and NY Waterway also continue to operate in and out of Hoboken on their regular routes and schedules.
NJ TRANSIT would like to thank its customers for their continued patience and support.