UPDATE: NJ TRANSIT Winter Storm Service Information
NJ TRANSIT is operating weekday service on rail, light rail and Access Link services.
Gladstone Branch rail service will operate regular weekday service on Tuesday, January 26 with systemwide cross-honoring in effect through Tuesday.
Bus service willl vary based on local road conditions and snow removal efforts. Customers are advised to build extra travel time as a result.
- Customers are advised to build in extra time in their travels due to weather-related conditions.
- Northeast Corridor, North Jersey Coast Line, Morris & Essex, Main/Bergen, Montclair Boonton, Raritan Valley Line, Pascack Valley, Atlantic City, Port Jervis lines will operate on a regular weekday schedule. NJ TRANSIT rail will cross-honor PATH tickets/passes at Newark Penn Station and Penn Station New York.
- Gladstone Branch rail service will resume regular weekday schedule on Tuesday, January 26.
- Customers can expect service delays and detours due to local road conditions. As such, customers should afford themselves ample time to reach their final destinations.
- For more information re: service on any NJ TRANSIT bus route, please call the Transit Information Center at (973) 275-5555.
- Light Rail
- Newark Light Rail and Hudson-Bergen Light Rail will operate on a normal weekday schedule.
- RiverLINE service nowoperating full service betweenTrentonTransit and Entertainment Center after local snow removal efforts are now complete.
- Access Link
- Service will be operating today.
System-wide Cross-Honoring Remains in Effect:
To give customers additional travel options, NJ TRANSIT has extended systemwide cross-honoring through Tuesday, January 26, including private bus carriers, enabling customers to use their ticket or pass on an alternate travel mode - rail, light rail or bus.
- For the latest travel information, customers should visit njtransit.com, access NJ TRANSIT’s Twitter feed at @NJTRANSIT or listen to broadcast traffic reports. Additionally, NJ TRANSITwill provide the most current service information via the My Transit alert system (www.njtransit.com/mytransit), which delivers travel advisories for your specific tripto your smartphone. Service information is also available by calling (973) 275-5555.
- Listen closely to public address announcements at stations for late-breaking service information.
- Build additional travel time into your trip to a station, terminal or bus stop.
- Stairs, flooring and platforms can be slippery, so please use caution when walking along wet surfaces or any outdoor surface exposed to the weather. Use extra care when boarding or exiting buses and trains.
- Report slippery or unsafe conditions to bus operators, train crews or NJ TRANSIT staff.
- If you park, ensure your car is stocked with a snow brush and ice scraper so you can clear your car upon returning to the lot.
Offices of Emergency Management Code Blue
Additional information can be attained through the Offices of Emergency Management. The Code Blue notifications and resources opened in response to severe cold or storm events.
Please click HERE for Cold Blueinformation and Warming Center Locations.
Click HERE for NJ Office ofEmergency Management information.