Newark Penn Station 80th Anniversary Celebration - Monday, March 23, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Newark Penn Station 80th Anniversary Celebrations
- Greater Newark Convention and Visitor Bureau
9:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
New Jersey Transportation Heritage Center – Historical Bus Display
M720 is a GMC TDM-5108 40-foot suburban bus built in 1958
L627 is a General Motors PD 4104 35-foot cruiser bus built in 1957
Buses will be on display out front of Newark Penn Station on Raymond Plaza West
10:00 a.m. – 10:20 a.m. - Brian Miguel
11:20 – 11:50 a.m. Rachel Menconi
12:00 p.m. – 12:20 p.m. - Susyn Timko
11:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. Tours (each tour will be 35-35 minutes long)
- Meet at the Information Booth
- Recap the History of the Station and Pennsylvania Railroad
- Highlight Architectural Design Features (lower the 800lb. Globe to see the detailed metalwork)
- Bus and Light Rail Connections
- Platform E Rehabilitation and Future CP&P Projects
Newark Arts High School Jazz Ensemble
Performances will be 1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
1:30 p.m. Speaking Program
3:00 p.m. Conclusion of Activities