UPDATE: Ferry Option to Midtown Manhattan from Hoboken ENDS 8 PM FRIDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2012
Ferry Service to Pier 79 will be discontinued effective 8 p.m. Friday, December 21, 2012.
Ferry Option to Midtown Manhatan from Hoboken
Hoboken Terminal to Pier 79 @ 39th St. in Midtown Manhattan will operate until further notice, between 6 a.m. - 10 a.m. from Hoboken and between 4p.m. - 8 p.m. from Pier 79.
- NJ TRANSIT’s ferry service with BillyBey Ferry, which operates ferry service from Hoboken under the NY Waterway umbrella, will continue to operate discounted, round trip service from HobokenTerminal to Pier 79 on West 39th Street in Midtown Manhattan. NJ TRANSIT’s weekly, 10-trip and monthly passes will be cross honored.
- Customers using this service can also access free NY Waterway shuttle buses for further travel within Manhattan. Stops are offered along 57th Street, 49th Street, 42nd Street, and34th Street, as well as through a special Downtown loop. Visit nywaterway.com for details.
- This ferry service does not normally operate between Hoboken Terminal and 39th Street in Manhattan. Customers wishing to access this new ferry service can purchase round-trip fare for $10. A special ticket booth at Hoboken Terminal has been established for customers starting on Monday.
The ferry service from Hoboken to Pier 79 will operate until further notice.
Additional Customer Tips
- Delays, detours, crowding and other challenges can continue to be expected by customers during system restoration and recovery.
- For the latest travel information, customers should listen to broadcast traffic reports, visit njtransit.com, or access NJ TRANSIT’s Twitter feed at @NJ_TRANSIT or Facebook page.
- Additionally, NJ TRANSIT will provide the most current service information via the My Transit alert system (www.njtransit.com/mytransit), which delivers travel advisories for your specific trip to your cell phone, PDA or pager.
- Automated service information is also available by calling (973) 275-5555.