UPDATE: EFFECTIVE MONDAY, NOVEMBER 26 - NJ TRANSIT Continues to Operate Limited Emergency Trans-Hudson Service to Hoboken and Midtown Manhattan
NJ TRANSIT Emergency Weekday Bus Shuttle Information
With service levels nearly back to normal on most lines thanks to ongoing storm recovery efforts, we've discontinued all of our free emergency shuttle bus/ferry service effective 8 p.m. on Wednesday, November 21, with the exception of Gladstone Branch shuttle-to-train service, and the ferry service from Hoboken Terminal to Pier 79 at West 39th St. in Midtown Manhattan.
Effective Monday, November 26, only the following emergency shuttle bus/ ferry services will operate:
FERRY OPTION TO MIDTOWN MANHATTAN FROM HOBOKEN
Hoboken Terminal to Pier 79 @ 39th St. in Midtown Manhattan will operate Nov. 26 - Nov. 30, between 6 a.m. - 10 a.m. from Hoboken and between 4 p.m. - 8 p.m. from Pier 79.
- NJ TRANSIT’s ferry service with BillyBey Ferry, which operates ferry service from Hoboken under the NY Waterway umbrella, will continue to operate discounted, round trip service from HobokenTerminal to Pier 79 on West 39th Street in Midtown Manhattan. NJ TRANSIT’s weekly, 10-trip and monthly passes will be cross honored.
Customers using this service can also access free NY Waterway shuttle buses for further travel within Manhattan. Stops are offered along 57th Street, 49th Street, 42nd Street, and 34th Street, as well as through a special Downtown loop. Visit nywaterway.com for details.
- This ferry service does not normally operate between Hoboken Terminal and 39th Street in Manhattan. Customers wishing to access this new ferry service can purchase round-trip fare for $10. A special ticket booth at Hoboken Terminal has been established for customers starting on Monday.
The ferry service from Hoboken to Pier 79 WILL OPERATE Monday, November 26 - Friday, November 30.
Gladstone Branch Shuttle Bus to Train Service Continues
Selected Gladstone Branch stations will continue to be served by two bus routes that will provide service to and from Summit Station, where customers will be able to connect with the following travel options:
- Rail service to New York Penn Station via Midtown Direct
- Rail service to Hoboken Terminal
- Lakeland bus service to Port Authority Bus Terminal
Free shuttle bus service (“Routes A and B”) will operate to meet Midtown Direct trains and selected Hoboken-bound trains departing Summit on weekdays from 5 a.m. to 10 a.m. and returning to Summit for trains departing New York/Hoboken from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. The connecting shuttle bus (“Route C”) to ferry service at Liberty State Park will no longer operate.
The “Route A” shuttle bus to/from Summit Station will board customers from the following locations: View SCHEDULE HERE
- Gladstone – in the parking lot at the station
- Peapack – on Main Street at Holland Avenue
- Far Hills – atthe station building in the parking lot
- Millington – on Division Avenue at River Road
- Gillette – on Mountain Avenue at the station parking lot entrance
- Murray Hill – on Floral Avenue at the station parking lot exit
***Note: Standard parking rules and fees are in effect at all rail station parking lots.
The “Route B” shuttle bus to/from Summit Station will board customers from the following locations: View SCHEDULE HERE
- Bernardsville –in theparking lot at the station
- Basking Ridge – on North Finely Avenueat Ridge Street
- Lyons – on South Finely Avenue at Cross Road
- Berkeley Heights – at the station building on Sherman Avenue
- New Providence – on Springfield Avenue at Old Springfield Avenue
***Note: Standard parking rules and fees are in effect at all rail station parking lots