KaBoom Fireworks in Red Bank
NJ TRANSIT rail service on the North Jersey Coast Line is a popular travel option for those attending KaBoom! Fireworks on the Navesink in Red Bank.
NJ TRANSIT will operate additional North Jersey Coast Line trains on July 3 and will offer a special, convenient ticket option to accommodate spectators attending KaBoom! Fireworks on the Navesink in Red Bank. The event is expected to attract record crowds, and NJ TRANSIT urges customers to purchase tickets in advance and check schedules to avoid lines and reduce crowding. NOTE: Customers will not be able to board the train without a ticket.
To help ensure a safe, enjoyable trip, NJ TRANSIT is offering the following travel tips:
- Plan Ahead. NJ TRANSIT rail service will operate on a weekend schedule with additional trains to/from Red Bank. For schedule information, see information below or visit njtransit.com and use trip planner (top left side).
- Buy a Day Pass Before Traveling to Red Bank. Customers at North Jersey Coast Line stations from Bay Head to Aberdeen-Matawan are strongly encouraged to purchase a $5 Day Pass before beginning their trip. Day Passes are valid for round-trip transportation on July 3 between Red Bank and any other North Jersey Coast Line station as far north as Aberdeen-Matawan.
- Arrive Early. Customers are encouraged to arrive as early as possible, and to expect crowds after the fireworks are over. The busiest trains will be those immediately preceding and following the event.
- Customers should expect delays of 15-20 minutes on Sunday evening, July 3. Large crowds often affect train operations. To be courteous to your fellow riders, stand clear of the doors, move all the way into the car, and make all seats available.
- Know the Rules. Due to crowding conditions, bicycles may not be carried aboardNJ TRANSIT trains on July 3. As a reminder, smoking is not permitted aboard trains, in stations or on platforms.
- Be advised of Zero-Tolerance Policy. The Red Bank Borough Council recently passed a resolution to seek the maximum $2,500 fine for those charged with and convicted of disorderly conduct, public drinking or other violations of local ordinance.
Additional trains on July 3
In addition to regular weekend service on the North Jersey Coast Line, NJ TRANSIT will operate the following extra trains.
Before the fireworks:
- Trains will depart South Amboy at 6:32 p.m. 7:32 p.m. and 8:32 p.m., and stop at Aberdeen-Matawan, Hazlet, Middletown and Red Bank. Click to see schedule
- Trains will depart Bay Head at 6:05 p.m. and 6:51 p.m. and stopat Point Pleasant Beach, Manasquan, Spring Lake, Belmar, Bradley Beach, Asbury Park, Allenhurst, Elberon (6:42 p.m.) and Red Bank (NOTE: these trains will not stop at Long Branch or Little Silver). Click to see schedule
- A train will depart Long Branch at 7:50 p.m. and stop at Little Silver and Red Bank. Click to see schedule
After the fireworks:
- Trains will depart Red Bank at 9:55 p.m., 11:07 p.m. and 12:07 a.m. and stop at Little Silver, Long Branch, Elberon, Allenhurst, Asbury Park, Bradley Beach, Belmar, Spring Lake, Manasquan, Point Pleasant Beach and Bay Head. Click to see schedule
- Trains will depart Red Bank at 9:55 p.m. and 10:55 p.m. and stop at Middletown, Hazlet, Aberdeen-Matawan and South Amboy. Click to see schedule
More information about KaBoom!