Service Information for January 12, 2011
Updated 10:30 a.m. January 12, 2011
All customers are encouraged to check njtransit.com before traveling for up-to-the-minute service information before starting their trip.
Rail: NJ TRANSIT is operating a regular weekday schedule on all rail lines.
- As of 10 a.m., most rail lines are on or close to schedule.
- Due to weather conditions, trains may be subject to slower boarding and slightly longer dwell times at stations that could result in scattered minor delays (10-15 minutes) across the system. Please allow additional travel time as a result.
- Any train delayed or cancelled will be posted on the Travel Alerts page and an alert will be sent to customers via My Transit.
- On Wednesday, the center doors on single-level rail cars will not be used, as part of an effort to improve reliability. Customers should use the doors located at the ends of each rail car to board the train. Because center doors are particularly susceptible to snow and ice issues, locking out the center doors improves reliability.
Bus: Regular weekday schedule in effect. As of 10 a.m., most bus routes are on or close to schedule. Click here to view bus delays and service changes for your route.
Light Rail: Light Rail service is operating on a regular weekday schedule with no reported delays.
Systemwide Cross-Honoring in Effect: To give customers additional travel options during expected winter weather conditions, NJ TRANSIT will offer full systemwide cross-honoring is in effect all day Wednesday, January 12, enabling customers to use their ticket or pass on an alternate travel mode-rail, bus or light rail. For example, customers who normally take the bus from Rutherford to the Port Authority Bus Terminal may use their bus pass on the train from Rutherford to New York Penn Station. Similarly, customers who normally take the bus between Atlantic City and Lindenwold may use the Atlantic City Rail Line instead at no additional charge.
Extended Station Hours for Passenger Comfort: All NJ TRANSIT rail station buildings and waiting rooms will remain open extended hours, including evenings and overnight, throughout the storm.
- Before starting your trip, visit the Travel Alerts page at njtransit.com for up-to-the-minute service information. This information is also available by calling (973) 275-5555 andfrom broadcast traffic reports. Customers with web-enabled mobile devices can access real-time service information via the mobile version of njtransit.com. To access the site, simply enter njtransit.com on your mobile device.
- Allow extra time getting to and from your station or bus stop. Use extreme caution when walking on exposed sidewalks, parking lots and station platforms, as well as whenboarding trains and buses. Report slippery or unsafe conditions to bus operators, train crewmembers or otherNJ TRANSIT personnel.
- If you park at the station, remember to have a shovel and snow scraper in your vehicle. You may have to clear your car when you return.
» Current Rail Alerts
» Current Bus Alerts & Advisories
» Current Light Rail Alerts & Advisories