PTC - Pennsauken Transit Center: Important Travel Options & Service Changes on ACRL due to Positive Train Control Work
Beginning Wednesday, September 5 and continuing until early 2019, NJ TRANSIT will continue the installation of Positive Train Control (PTC) equipment on our rail fleet throughout the state.
To accommodate this critical safety upgrade, all service on the Atlantic City Rail Line (ACRL) will be temporarily suspended beginning Wednesday, September 5. Throughout this period, ACRL customers will have alternate travel options with discounted fares. All ACRL rail tickets and passes will be discounted 25 percent.
Traveling TO Philadelphia
- Take Bus No. 417 PHILADELPHIA 30th STREET to JFK Boulevard at 30th Street in Philadelphia
- AC RAILpasses or tickets with an origin or destination of Philadelphia will be cross-honored.
- Take theRiver LINE and Bus No. 419 (Camden – Riverside) to get to the WRTC. Cross Honoring will be extended for No. 419 at this location.
- At the WRTC take PATCO or a NJ Transit bus to Philadelphia for connections via SEPTA to 30th Street Station.
PATCO TO Philadelphia
- Access PATCO via the WRTC entrance on Broadway.
- Show your Philadelphia AC Rail pass or ticket to a representative at the turnstiles to gain access to the station.
- Exit the PATCO train at the 8th and Market Streets Station in Philadelphia and show your Philadelphia AC Rail pass or surrender your one way ticket to a representative at the turnstiles to exit PATCO.
- Follow the signs in thestation to the SEPTA Market-Frankford Line for service to 30th Street Station.
- Please note that AC Rail passes and tickets will only be accepted at the PATCO 8th and Market Streets Station.
NJ TRANSIT Bus TO Philadelphia
- Board any NJ TRANSIT bus in front of the WRTC on Broadway with a Philadelphia destination sign. Show your Philadelphia AC Rail Pass or surrender yourone way ticket to the bus operator.
- Bus Nos. 400, 401, 402, 406, 408, 410 and 412 make local stops on Market Street, Broad Street, and Vine Street in Philadelphia. For service to 30th Street Station, exit at the bus stop on Market Street at 8th Street. The entrance to SEPTA Market-Frankford Line Station is across Market Street farside of 8th Street.
- Bus Nos. 313, 315, 317, and 551 only stop at the Greyhound Bus Terminal at 10th and Filbert Streets. For service to 30thStreet Station, use the Filbert Street exit. Jefferson Station is across the Street. Follow signs in the Stationfor the Market-Frankford Line.
Traveling TO Atlantic City
- Take either the River LINE or Bus No. 419 to the WRTC and then the No. 551 to Atlantic City.
- Show your AC Rail ticket or pass tothe bus operator on Bus No. 551 to ATLANTIC CITY at Gate #3inside theWRTC.
Please note: Bus No. 340 is no longer an option for Pennsauken.
Visit the Bus Schedules page for further details.
We thank you for your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.
For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.