PTC-Cherry Hill Rail Station: Important Travel Options & Service Changes on ACRL due to Positive Train Control Work - Beginning Wednesday, September 5, 2018
Beginning Wednesday, September 5 and continuing until early 2019, NJ TRANSIT will continue the installation of Positive Train Control (PTC) equipment on our rail fleet throughout the state.
To accommodate this critical safety upgrade, all service on the Atlantic City Rail Line (ACRL) will be temporarily suspended beginning Wednesday, September 5. Throughout this period, ACRL customers will have alternate travel options with discounted fares. All ACRL rail tickets and passes will be discounted 25 percent.
Service TO Philadelphia
Take NJ TRANSIT Bus Route No. 340 Cherry Hill - Lindenwold
- This route, which replaces the former Cherry Hill - Pennsauken - WRTC Shuttle, will provide Cherry Hill customers with access to PATCO at Lindenwold for travel to/from Philadelphia.
- Bus No. 406 (Berlin – Marlton – Philadelphia) – Service to Philadelphia stops at the bus stop in front of the Garden State Pavilion Shopping Center on Route 70 at Cornell Avenue.
- Bus No. 450 (Camden – Cherry Hill Mall) boards at the rail station bus stop for service to the WRTC in Camden. Customers may then transfer to PATCO or an NJ TRANSIT bus at the WRTC for service to Philadelphia.
- Bus No.340 (Cherry Hill – Lindenwold Shuttle) - Board at the rail station bus stop for service to Lindenwold, and then transfer to PATCO at the Lindenwold PATCO Station.
- Bus No. 340 will only accept AC Rail passes or tickets only. No cash fares, bus tickets, or passes will be accepted. Tickets can be purchased from the TVMs at the Rail Stations.
- At the WRTC, take PATCO or a NJ TRANSIT bus to Philadelphia for connections via SEPTA to 30th Street Station.
Access PATCO via the WRTC entrance on Broadway or at Lindenwold PATCO:
- Show your Philadelphia AC Rail pass or ticket to a representative at the turnstiles to gain access to the station.
- Exit the PATCO train at the 8th and Market Streets Station in Philadelphia and show your Philadelphia AC Rail pass or surrender your one way ticket to a representative at the turnstiles to exit PATCO.
- Follow the signs in the station to the SEPTA Market-Frankford Line for service to 30th Street Station.
- Please note that AC Rail passes and tickets will only be accepted at the PATCO 8th and Market Streets Station.
NJ TRANSIT Bus TO Philadelphia
- Board any NJ Transit bus in front of the WRTC on Broadway with a Philadelphia destination sign. Show your Philadelphia AC Rail Pass or surrender your one-way ticket to the bus operator.
- Bus Nos. 400, 401, 402, 406, 408, 410, and 412 make local stops on Market Street, Broad Street, and Vine Street in Philadelphia. For service to 30th Street Station, exit at the bus stop on Market Street at 8th Street. The entrance to SEPTA Market-Frankford Line Station is across Market Street far side of 8th Street.
- Bus Nos. 313, 315, 317, and 551 only stop at the Greyhound Bus Terminal at 10th and Filbert Streets. For service to 30th Street Station, use the Filbert Street exit. Jefferson Station is across the Street. Follow signs in the Station for the Market-Frankford Line.
Traveling TO Atlantic City
Take Bus No. 340 AC RAIL/CHERRY HILL to LINDENWOLD:
- Show your AC Rail ticket or pass to the bus operator on Bus No. 340 or 554 to ATLANTIC CITY at Lindenwold PATCO.
- Travel to Absecon, Lindenwold, Hammonton and Atlantic City
- Transfer to Bus No. 340(Atlantic City – Lindenwold Express) for service to Egg Harbor City, Absecon, or Atlantic City
- Transfer to Bus No. 554 (Atlantic City – Lindenwold Express) at the Lindenwold PATCO for service to Atco, Hammonton, Egg Harbor City, Absecon or Atlantic City
- In Atlantic City, Jitney Service to the Casinos will be available at Gates 14 - 16 in the Atlantic City Bus Terminal and to the Convention Center on Ohio Avenue next to the Bus Terminal.
- Bus No. 340 (Cherry Hill – Lindenwold Shuttle) only accepts Rail tickets and passes.
We apologize for any inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.
For information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.