Edison Station: Stairway Access from Southbound Plainfield Avenue to Inbound & Outbound Platforms Closed due to Sidewalk Rehabilitation Work - Effective Immediately
Elevators remain open for platform access
Effective immediately and continuing until further notice, a portion of the sidewalk located on southbound Plainfield Avenue at Edison Station will be closed temporarily due to sidewalk rehabilitation work.
During this time:
- Elevator access to both inbound and outbound platforms will be available.
- Stairs from both the inbound and outbound platforms on the south side of Plainfield Avenue are closed.
- Customers should use the pedestrian bridge to cross from one side of Plainfield Avenue to the other.
- Customers can also use the elevators for access between both inbound and outbound platforms. Sidewalk access under the train trestle between the elevators is accessible.
Parking Lot 3:
- Customers parked in Parking Area 3 (westbound side parking) should make left at the bottom of the stairs (sidewalk is closed if you make a right).
- Follow the sidewalk along Plainfield Avenue (northbound) to Kilmer Road North.
- Cross Plainfield at the temporary crosswalk at Kilmer Road North.
- Walk on the northbound sidewalk along Plainfield Avenue and take the stairs to the pedestrian overpass to reach the eastbound or westbound platforms.
Please allow for extra travel time. We apologize for any inconvenience.
For questions and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.