UPDATE: Westfield Station: Outbound Elevator Temporarily Closed due to Service Work - Wednesday, October 18 to Thursday, November 30, 2017
UPATE: Repair work will continue through Thursday, November 30. Elevator is scheduled to return to service on Friday, December 1.
Effective immediately and continuing through Thursday, November 30, the outbound elevator at Westfield Station will be closed temporarily due to service work.
The elevator is scheduled to return to service on Friday, December 1.
Westfield Station is equipped with wheelchair accessible ramps on both inbound and outbound platforms. Customers also can travel from Cranford Station during this time.
Customers traveling TO Westfield from points east (e.g. Newark):
- Take an outbound train to Plainfield Station, and then transfer to an inbound train to Westfield Station.
Customers traveling FROM Westfield to points west (e.g. Raritan):
- Take an inbound train to Cranford Station and then transfer to an outbound train to your destination.
Alternate bus service is available on NJ TRANSIT Bus Nos. 59 and 113. Please check bus timetables for best connection times.
Bus Route No. 113:
- Bus stop located on North Avenue near westbound platform.
- Provides service to/from Cranford (where there is an elevator).
- Bus stop located adjacent to the parking lot in front of the station near the eastbound platform and stops directly at the Cranford Station underpass.
Bus Route No. 113S (traveling west):
- Serves South Avenue in Fanwood and Netherwood stations.
- Bus stop located at Watchung Avenue at the railroad underpass in Plainfield (westbound) or Gavette Place at North Avenue (across North Avenue from the center of the westbound platform).
Bus Route No. 59 (provides service to and from Cranford):
- Bus stop located at South and Summit avenues (eastbound platform).
- 59 line serves Plainfield Station (where there is an elevator) at Watchung Avenue at the railroad underpass.
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
For more information, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.