North Elizabeth Station: Portions of both East and Westbound Platforms to Close Temporarily Due to Repair Work - Effective Immediately
UDPATE: Effective immediately and continuing until further notice, North Elizabeth Station customers will board via low level platforms on the outbound platform due to Amtrak track work.
Effective immediately and continuing for approximately four weeks, the west end of the eastbound Platform (TO New York) and the east end of the westbound platform (TO Trenton) at North Elizabeth Station will be temporarily closed for platform repair work.
Eastbound Platform (TO Newark/New York)
- Platform will remain open from the mid-platform to ADA ramp east and accessibility will be available.
- Stairs between the eastbound platform and Hand Place will be closed.
- Ticket vending machine (TVM) and shelter are available.
Westbound Platform (TO Trenton/Long Branch)
- On the westbound platform ONLY the west most end of the platform will remain open. This section of platform is accessible ONLY from the Hand Place overpass stairs.
- Stairs from North Avenue to the platform will be closed. The TVM and shelter will not be accessible. Customers can purchase tickets at the TVM on the eastbound platform or MyTix Mobile ticketing on their phones.
- The westbound platform will no longer be ADA accessible during this time. Customers cannot access the platform from the west end parking area via the mid-platform ADA ramp.
Rail Options for customers requiring elevator service:
- Traveling from North Elizabeth Station TO points west (toward Trenton/Long Branch): Board an inbound (eastbound) train to Newark Airport or Newark Penn Station, and then transfer to an outbound train to your destination.
- Traveling to North Elizabeth Station FROM points east (e.g. Newark/New York): Remain on the train to Rahway Station, and then transfer to an inbound train to North Elizabeth.
- The platform shelter and TVM will not be accessible during this time. Additionally, customers will no longer have access to the west bound platform from the North Avenue stairs at the east end of the westbound platform.
- Customers using the westbound platform should allow more time to make the half block walk from the parking area to the Hand Place overpass stairs or should consider using another station until repairs can be made (Elizabeth/Linden/Rahway).
For your safety, please obey all posted signs and do not travel through barricaded areas.
We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work to improve North Elizabeth Station.
For information, call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.