Elizabeth and North Elizabeth Stations: Low-Level Boarding due to Platform Plate Installation through June 2017
During weekends from 7 p.m. Saturdays to 12 p.m. Sundays beginning March 11 and continuing through June 2017, new platform plates will be installed at Elizabeth Station, which will affect boarding at North Elizabeth Station. During these hours, the inbound track (track 1) will be closed at Elizabeth and North Elizabeth stations.
The plate installation work will not occur on holidays or during inclement weather.
Work will begin on the east end of the inbound (eastbound) platform at Elizabeth Station.
During this time:
- Elizabeth Station customers will board at the low-level platform on the west end of the inbound platform.
- North Elizabeth Station customers will board at the low-level platform on the east end of the inbound platform.
During platform plate work and track closure, the eastbound platform at Elizabeth Station will not be ADA accessible. Customers who are unable to use stairs may consider the following alternatives:
- Customers who normally board at Elizabeth and North Elizabeth may use nearby accessible stations including Linden and Rahway.
- Customers traveling FROM Elizabeth Station to points east (Newark/New York): Board a westbound train at Elizabeth/North Elizabeth to Linden (available ramps) and return on an inbound train to your destination. Customers following this alternate travel route will not be charged a higher fare.
- Elizabeth Station is served by selected trips on NJ TRANSIT’s No. 62 bus which serves Newark Penn Station.
For your safety, please obey all posted signs and do not travel through barricaded areas.
We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work to improve Elizabeth Station.
For information, call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.