Newark Penn Station - Track 5: West End Platform Remains Closed - Platform Work Continues with Architectural Enhancements
View platform work improvement photos HERE
With the west end of Track 5 platform edge repair work completed, additional work will continue as NJ TRANSIT makes architectural improvements and passenger communication upgrades including additional structural repairs, static signage improvements, ceiling painting, brick repairs, door replacements, window repairs and upgrades to platform lighting, train information displays, public address system and CCTV.
These extensive improvements to the west end of the platform will continue through 2014. The west end of the Track 5 platform, including the ramp to the PATH Platform will reopen upon the conclusion of these renovations, which will enhance the experience for our Raritan Valley Line customers.
During the completion of this additional phase of work, Customers will continue to board Raritan Valley trains from the east end of the Track 5 platform.
TRACK 5 Platform Access CLOSED FROM:
Market Street Stairway
- Customers can use the Market Street entrance to Track 4 to access the main building.
- Customers can cross Market Street, use the side entrance to the station building to the stairs closest to the shoe shine stand in the Main Concourse.
Stairway near Customer Service Window in Station Building
- Customers can use the stairs across the hall near the shoe shine stand. An elevator is available near Hudson News. Entrance to the platform from the Gateway will remain open.
Platform H Ramp
- PATH customers can use the escalators and stairs toGateway level to access track 5 platform and the main station building.
- Access to Track 3/4 will remain open.
ACCESS to Track 5 Platform:
- Raymond Boulevard Concourse (elevator, escalator, stairs)
- Gateway doors to platform
- Elevator to platform from central concourse (near Hudson News)
- Stairs next to the shoe shine stand in the Main Concourse.
For your safety, please obey all posted signs and do not travel through barricaded areas.
Customers should check departure monitors and listen for station announcements for track assignments during this time.
We apologize for any inconvenience. For further information, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555.