Home > Safety > |
Help us keep you and your community safe around grade crossings. If you notice a problem or dangerous condition at a grade crossing such as a car stuck on the tracks or a malfunctioning crossing gate, immediately contact NJ TRANSIT Police.
Look for a blue sign posted near the crossing that displays NJ TRANSIT's Police contact number (800-242-0236), a U.S. Department of Transportation crossing identification number, and the street name. Report your observations as well as the information included on the sign to the Police.
Be familiar with these signs - you could save a life.
- Trespassing: It's Not Worth the Risk!
- Trains Can't Stop Quickly!
- Trains Can't Swerve!
- Stay Alert Near Tracks!
- Cross Tracks Only at Designated Locations!
- Never go around crossing gates that are down, on foot or in a car!
- Stay Away from Overhead Electrical Wires!
- Never Throw Items at Trains or onto Tracks!
- Watch the Gap between the train & the platform